Sunday, July 11, 2010



Monday, June 28, Day 53
Saratoga to Rawlins


Today was an easy day for Steve and me. We rode 44 miles in great weather. Wyoming is a vast state and we encountered little or no people along our route today. I guess we’re off the beaten path, as they say.
We saw many long horned deer. Mike Joyce, one of my customers from the old Liberty days, would have a field day here. Being able to watch them in their habitat is something I will cherish forever and this is a chance of a lifetime. To watch them moving at the speeds they can attain is so different than watching them on the tube.
We arrived in Rawlins at 11:30…reason is the fact that we were moving right along at a brisk pace, better than 12 mph. Rawlins is a municipality that straddles the continental divide. It is the county seat of Carbon County and has a population approaching 10,000.
It has been a great day. I am totally amazed with Steve Kurek. Steve has a piano service in Lake Tahoe. One of his services is tuning pianos. I love a great piano and Steve, who is 66 years old loves his job. He is remarkable at 66 because he looks and acts many years younger. His ride is one that most would cherish. He moves up grades like he’s riding on flat ground. Friendship is a special thing and our friendship began on the first day of the ride. We entered into this ride not knowing the people we were riding with. I am most fortunate to have Steve as my partner because he is inspirational. My shortcomings fade when in his presence because he exudes the confidence and makes me want to succeed!
I’ve enjoyed our time on the road but equally enjoy our time together seeing what America is all about. I know the both of us are in awe of this magnificent country and we are proud to be Americans. .
Til tomorrow…bike Ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment