Sunday, July 18, 2010


…continuing from Earthquake Lake to Ennis

We encountered more nasty wind after leaving the lake area. There was a 15-25 mph headwind directly into our faces. It was maddening because here we had a stretch of downhill that lasted almost 30 miles. By all rights, we should have been able to do some freewheeling at speeds of 18-20 mph. Instead, we had to pedal our butts off to maintain a forward progress.
We arrived in Ennis ready to bite the tires off the bikes.
A note to all…Wal-Mart again showed me why I like the stores. While riding today on a very narrow shouldered road, a Wal-Mart truck crossed over the yellow line to give Steve and me a wide berth. I gave a wave and in return, the driver blinked his taillights. He was the first and only driver on the trip to acknowledge my Thank You.
I love the stores because, as a biker, they always seem to be able to satisfy my needs and at the right price.
And when their people act like that, you can be assured they exist in a happy environment.
Bike Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment