Sunday, June 27, 2010


Saturday, June 19, Day 44
Tribune, Kansas to Eads, Colorado (60 miles)


There is a little change in plans that I will explain..
First off, the day started with a fog blanketing the landscape that lasted until nearly 11am.
A brisk Northeast wind helped us along at times producing bike speeds of nearly 25mph in short bursts..
We made it to Eads, Colorado, so we are officially out of Kansas. I said I would explain the change in plans.
Steve and I had a discussion and we shared our thoughts with Jerry and Phyllis. We would like to speed up the process so that we don’t spend almost 90 days on the road. I’m a little home sick and am missing my family, Terri and the beagles. Steve agreed that he would like to do more miles and get to Oregon faster. We told Jerry and Phyllis our thoughts and we agreed mutually to split up. Steve and I are leaving Eads, our original destination and doing an additional 20 miles into a place called Haswell.
Jerry and Phyllis are remaining in Eads and sticking to the original schedule.
I think this decision sits well with everyone and is the best for all involved.
I’m getting a tremendous amount of pleasure making this ride and I’m loving what I’m doing but I sure miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment