Sunday, June 27, 2010

Friday, June 18, Day 43
Scott City to Tribune, Kansas (47 miles
)

I started the day driving Bill’s truck as the SAG person. This allowed Bill to ride with Jerry. Sadly, that didn’t last long. The wind was strong out of the north and Bill lost his legs at about the five-mile mark. At that point, Bill and I exchanged places and I was once again riding with Jerry.
Despite the strong wind out of the north, I had good legs and was moving along at a good clip. My start was slow, but just got better and better.
We got to Tribune and made a decision. Because of the high heat and the threat of severe weather, Steve and I took a room at the motel where Jerry, Bill and Phyllis were staying. The room rate of $39.95 wasn’t bad…but the rate was for a double bed.
No, I’m not that lonely!!! Though I am a little homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment